While it's important to backup data when using motion capture it is also important to create backups of configurations. The configurations include systems, pipelines, toolbars, monitors and more.
Some examples of when having backups easily available is useful:
- PC crashes,
- someone has fiddled with settings and things aren't quite working right,
- you fiddled with settings and things aren't quite working right,
- someone has "cleaned out" the "unnecessary" files,
- sending pipelines and monitors to collaborators.
The configurations are found in two file locations with standard Nexus installs:
- Shared files: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vicon\Nexus2.x\Configurations
- Private files C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Vicon\Nexus2.x\Configurations
An easy way to create a back up is to copy the Configurations folders and save them to a new location or external drive. Alternatively you can copy individual configuration files such as pipelines or system settings from within the folder.
These back ups can be imported back into Nexus at any time, you will just need to rename the file first to prevent confusion. You may wish to rename by adding the date the backup was created, adding _from_backup to the name or something similar.
System files and pipelines can be imported by pressing the configuration menu button (the downward arrow), select import and select the file to be imported.